Monday, September 15, 2008

Jam!

I've been making jam for the last two days, and then this afternoon I pulled down all the jars that were up on the top shelf of the pantry. I'd neglected to label some of the jars from the last round of canning, so I figured I'd better get it all done before I forget what's in all those jars. I though there was about half a dozen jars in the front of the shelf, and empty jars waiting to be re-used in the back. I was mistaken. Jam all the way back. Goddamn, we have a lot of jam. And I still have to do do something with the two pounds of raspberries, 6 green bell peppers and a dozen jalapenos in the fridge.

From misc

Back left: Blackberry Lavender - 6 jars
Back center: Peach Pepper - 8 jars
Back right: Meyer Lemon and Vanilla Bean Marmalade - 8 jars
Left front: Triple Berry jam with blackberries, blueberries and raspberries - 4 jars
Right front top: Raspberry Jalapeno (really hot - it was going to be plain jalapeno, but it was so hot I couldn't stand to eat it, so I added raspberries and reprocessed. It's still really damn hot). - 3 jars
Right front bottom: Jalapeno jelly (not crazy stupid hot) - 4 jars

There will soon be even more jalapeno jelly and something with raspberries. I have no idea where we'll store it all, much less how we'll ever manage to eat it all. Anyone local want some jam?

No comments: